Initially, business was to purchase goods/services from here and sell it there. Today a lot of events/incidents take place between purchasing and reselling and a businessman has to keep a record of every event that takes place but in this age of digitization it becomes chaotic to do so. Transcription makes things easier for business. Let’s check how:
1. It is necessary to maintain documentation related to the deals that take place and it has to be in a language which is easily understandable. Transcriptionist can help maintain every minute detail of the deal and can ensure everything is error-free.
2. You may be creating sales videos to provide details of your products but what if the video is not easily accessible? A Transcriptionist can make sure that the video shows up in the search engines and is easily accessible.
3. Customers know what they are looking for and before purchasing any product most of the customers prefer to get reviews from other users. Your website may have videos of customer reviews but others may not have time to watch them. Transcription can help your customers through video transcription.
4. Most importantly transcription can help make your website easily accessible by adding valuable content to your website and inserting significant tags & information in the search engines which will increase the chances for your website to be found.
There are going to be numerous meetings, conferences, interviews etc and transcription is a best possible way to maintain a quality record of them. It will surely enhance proficiency and benefits of your business in a positive way.
‘Professional’ – a word used quite often these days. What does it actually mean? Some say, professional means to dress smart & work hard. Others say Professional is someone who has multiple certifications. Professionalism encompasses different qualities that define a Professional. So what qualities define a Professional Transcriptionist? Let’s check:
1. A professional transcriptionist will always look for detailed information from client to make sure that client receives best possible output. Despite the risk of antagonizing a client, a professional transcriptionist will ask more questions and will motivate client to ask questions. On the other hand, an amateur transcriptionist will just go by the client instructions without trying to understand minute details of the project.
2. There are chances that a transcriptionist may not identify the errors or typos in the transcript due to familiarity blindness and thus a professional transcriptionist will always prefer a proofreader to check the transcript before handing over to the client. On the contrary, an amateur would be more concerned about quick turnaround.
3. A professional transcriptionist will always stay updated with latest technology to exceed the expectations for a professional transcriptionist will always treat time as money and to provide error-free transcript on time, a professional transcriptionist will always be ready to learn details of new technology & equipments but an amateur will always prefer to go easy & quick.
A professional transcriptionist is known by the company they are with and the standard of their work, organizational skills and ability to adapt technological advancements. So now we know what to look for in a transcriptionist while handing over the project.
Irrespective of whether you are part of a hospital establishment or if you have your own diagnostic centre, error free medical transcripts that do not require any further editing may sometimes seem like a distant dream. Sure, there are plenty of transcription agencies which claim to do a professional job and which may hand you a bill that’s really light on your wallet, but what happens if the final transcript is chock-full of factual and spelling errors? As a client, it’s important to know exactly what you are paying for although it is also important to look at the quality of the overall job instead of making a judgement based on the mere cost factor alone. Here are a few other factors to keep in mind when hiring a medical transcription agency on a long-term basis:
- Check out the website: You’ll learn so much more about the transcription agency just by looking at their website. For instance, you will get clear indicators with regard to the overall language fluency and in addition, reputed agencies also tend to put up either part of their portfolio or their client list on the site. You could personally call up a reference mentioned on the site or get in touch with the customer service department for more details.
- Discuss deadlines: The ideal transcript delivery time for most agencies is 24 hours although many of them do entertain requests for a quicker turnaround time. It helps to speak directly with the transcriptionist who will be working on your project as you can then directly pass on any guidelines or instructions to her.
- Check the credentials: What are the credentials of the transcriptionists who will work on your medical transcripts? It helps if the transcriptionist is specialized in handling a niche area as it also means that she will be more familiar with medical terminology and abbreviations that may not make sense to other people. While transcribing, even the smallest mistake could have a large impact on the treatment of the concerned patient.
- Ease of process: Gone are the days when clients had to courier across audio tapes meant for transcribing. Agencies like EQ Transcription make your work easier by introducing a simple and direct file uploading system by which files saved in different popular formats can be uploaded on the home site. So you don’t have to worry about tracking couriers or damaged files.
Give EQ Transcription a call today for a quote that will make you smile. Fast, efficient and professional work guaranteed always.